There are many exercises for the athlete. You need to know when and how to do it and how many reps to do. These exercises should be done at full concentration. Then take a rest between workouts. This is very necessary. Otherwise, the muscles will weaken and then muscle fractures will occur during training. Muscle fractures can make it impossible to train for months.
Dynamic warmup raises our body temperature and boosts muscles. Muscle stretches prevent muscle injuries during training, so it is important to always warm-up before a workout.
- Butt Kickers
- High Jumps
- Side Lunge Stretch
- Hip & Calf Stretch
- Hamstring Stretch
- Torso Swings
- Standing Hip Thrust
- Hip Rotations
- Knee & Ankle Rotations
- Quad Stretch
(do 2-3 rounds for 20 – 40 meters).
- Walking High Knees
- Running High Knees
- Power Skips
- Fast – Twitch Drill
It is essential to do warm-up and drills exercise before doing a track workout. Only then will the muscles and our minds change accordingly. If that happens then all the exercises we do will be effective.
2 reps * 100m sprint (15 – 30 sec rest each set)
2 reps * 200m sprint (15 – 30 sec rest each set)
2 reps * 400m sprint (15 – 30 sec rest each set)
Be very careful with weight training because even the slightest distraction can cause many injuries to the body. Be especially careful when doing deadlift and shoulder press exercises. If the deadlift is done incorrectly the back pain will come off easily. Once the back pain arrives then life becomes difficult. This is what I say in my experience.
- Cleans – 4 sets (10,6,4,4).
- Start with 90 pounds to 140 pound
- Incline bench – 4 sets (10,8,6,4).
- practice lifting as much weight as you can.
- Deadlift – 4 sets (12,10,8,6).
- The back should be straight and the legs bend.
- Leg press – 4 sets (10,8,6,4).
- Pull-Ups – 3-4 sets (Until you can not do pull-ups).
- Shoulder press – 4 sets (10,8,6,4).
Cooldown exercises are an important thing. If you do hard exercises and then do not do cooldown exercises, all the muscles in the body will start to ache, so the muscles will always be in pain. So it is very important to do cool-down exercises after training.
- Striders (4-6 reps) – (15-20 sec).
- Arm Swing – (10-15 sec)
- Standing Double Leg Hamstring Stretch – (10-15 sec)
- Right over left – (10-15 sec)
- Static stretch after training – (10-15 sec)
- Standing split stretches – (Reach right side)
- Standing split stretches – (Reach left side)
- Standing split stretches – (To the center)
- Double leg toe sit – (15-20 sec)
- Triangle stretches – ( 15 sec)
- Hurdle stretch both sides – ( 15 sec)
- T-stretch – ( 15 sec)
- Quad stretch – ( 15 sec)
- Calve stretch – ( 15 sec)